MiniPD utilized a browser-based video conferencing tool for the coaching session between the Coach and the Learner. Yes, it’s like Zoom, but it’s in your browser, and does not require you to open any other applications. The session is private and secure, and only you and the coach can have access to it.
All modern browsers are supported in MiniPD. We recommend that you use Chrome or Firefox for the best experience. Your devices must be equipped with an internal or external microphone and video camera for the coaching session to work.
Before your first MiniPD session, please check to make sure that your computer has the granted the right permissions for the audio, visual and screen sharing to work properly in MiniPD.
In Mac OS,
- Open System Preferences >> Security & Privacy
2. In Microphone, make sure that the browser you are going to use for MiniPD are checked off.
3. Do the same for Camera and Screen Recording, which is needed for screen sharing.
In Windows OS,
1. Open Settings >> Privacy
2. In Privacy >> Camera >> Allow access to the Camera on this device and make sure that Camera access for the browser you are using is turned on.
3. Do the same for Microphone.
4. For Screen Sharing >> Follow the instructions on the browser app you are using.